Homemade Granola

21:47



Granola is so quick and easy to make and can be used for smoothie bowl toppings, breakfast with some almond milk or as a snack to much on.

I used to buy granola but once I became conscious about sugar, I realised store bought granola is often loaded with unnecessary sugar.

I researched a few recipes for homemade granola and over time have come up with one that I love the taste of and that keeps me full.


Recipe:
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1 cup mixed nuts/seeds (I used hazelnuts, cashews, almonds and pepitas)
1/4 cup goji berries (or apricot, raisins, sultanas etc.)
1 small mashed banana
2 tbsp rice malt syrup (or maple syrup)

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.


Mix all of the ingredients together and then spread them out on a tray.
Pop the tray in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the tray, give the granola a mix and pop it in for another 10 minutes.
Its normal done after this but I like to give it one last mix and put it back in the oven for 5 more minutes to brown it up a bit more.

So simple and soo delicious as it can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. The mix of good fats, protein and fibre will keep you fuller for longer and you won't crave any of those nasty, sugary snacks.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe